Our residency program has many opportunities for medical students interested in family medicine. We instruct second year students from University of Maryland during their Introduction to Clinical Medicine course. Students learn physical diagnosis and perfect their ability to obtain a complete history and physical and develop an assessment and plan in preparation for third year.
We also have students rotate in our department during their third and fourth years of medical school. Two students from the University of Maryland come every month for their core family medicine rotation at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center. In addition, we accept students from various institutions for elective rotations. Rotations are four weeks in length and can be a combination of outpatient and inpatient experiences.
Priority will be given to medical students enrolled in an LCGME accredited medical school in the USA or Canada who are also:
- in their fourth year of medical school and applying to family medicine residency programs through ERAS.
- in their third year of medical school and have an interest in pursuing a career in family medicine.
Application materials include:
- Demographic Form (PDF)
- Curriculum Vitae including board scores
- Medical School Transcript
- Statement of interest in family medicine
- Statement of interest in MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center or the State of Maryland
To apply for a rotation, please submit application materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 443-777-8489. If you have any questions please call Mary Martin at 443-777-6544.
We look forward to working with you.
Download Adobe FREE Reader.