First, some reassuring news: If caught in its early stages, up to 80 percent of lung cancer is potentially curable.
MedStar Franklin Square's lung cancer team takes a proactive approach to lung cancer, focusing on prevention, early detection and treatment.
What is interventional pulmonology?
Interventional pulmonology is a relatively new subspecialty of pulmonology, the branch of medicine that deals with the respiratory system. We are proud to be one of the top interventional pulmonology centers in the state, with cutting-edge, sometimes rare, diagnostic tools along with the top interventional pulmonologists in the state and the nation.
Explore some of our interventional pulmonology technologies:
- superDimension™/Bronchus system Interventional Pulmonology: Minimally invasive biopsies of lesions anywhere in the lungs
- Autofluorescence Bronchoscopy (AFB): Minimally invasive diagnostic tool for high-risk patients
- PET-CT: Most advanced imaging tool for the identification of cancer
- Endoscopic and Endobronchial ultrasound: Real-time imaging of abnormalities inside the chest
- 64-Slice CT: Imaging tool that provides 3-D images inside the body
To make an appointment with one of our experienced lung cancer specialists, please call 443-777-5864 (LUNG).