At MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, we understand the important role spiritual care plays in providing the best possible care for our patients. The Pastoral Care Department provides chaplain and other resources to comfort your spirit and strengthen your faith, while our medical staff attends to your physical needs.
The Pastoral Care Department offers:
- Chaplains who can assist in connecting you with your own clergy.
- Chaplains who offer a listening ear and can assist you in faith practices meaningful to you.
- Relaxation/Meditation Television Channel- Pastoral Care TV Channel 15 provides music and beautiful imagery that soothes the spirit 24 hours a day.
- Eucharistic Ministers who bring the Eucharist to our Catholic patients six days a week.
- Catholic Mass celebrated in the hospital chapel Monday-Thursday at 11 a.m. and is televised live on Pastoral Care TV- Channel 15.
- Protestant Worship is celebrated on Fridays at 11:00 a.m. in the chapel and is televised on Pastoral Care TV- Channel 15.
- The chapel is open 24 hours a day,seven days a week. A confidential Prayer Request Journal is provided to receive your requests.
- Print resources for many faiths, including devotionals, Bibles, Qu'rans are available from the Pastoral Care Office.
- Prayer Shawls- Volunteers from all over the community knit/crochet prayer shawls and donate them to our patients to remind them of God's love and the care of their neighbors. Members of the Pastoral Care staff distribute prayer shawls to patients.
- Should you or someone in your family experience a crisis, Pastoral Care staff will be glad to provide comfort and spiritual support. We will also contact your pastor or any spiritual friend you need.
- Grief support materials.
- The Community Outreach Department provided Grief & Loss and Widow & Widower Support Groups facilitated by the Parish Nurse.
The Pastoral Care Office is open Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m. You may call to speak with a chaplain to request a visit, to ask for a prayer or to request any of our spiritual resources. The Pastoral Care Office can be reached at 443-777-7827.