Download our visitor guidelines or read them below.
MedStar Franklin Square is a
- General Visiting Hours
- Local Hotels
- Patient Information
- Get Well Greetings
- Guest Amenities
- Help Us Help Others - Employment Opportunities
- Volunteer Services/Hospital Auxiliary
The main entrance to the hospital is now through the front of the tower (Entrance 2). The former visitor's entrance will be closed. Additional entrances onto the hospital campus include Entrance 1 (with access to Outpatient & Surgical Services, Women's Pavilion and Labor & Delivery), Entrance 3 (Cancer Institute and Medical Arts Building), Entrance 4 (White Square Building) and Entrance 5 (Emergency Department). Be sure to pick up a new map, which will be available at all reception desks, to help guide you while you are on our campus.
MedStar Franklin Square welcomes visitors. Family and close friends can play an integral and key part of the healing and recovery process of our patients. For this reason, we have transitioned to an open visitation policy which allows guests to visit with patients at any time throughout the day with the expressed consent of the patient and the healthcare team. On admission, your nurse will review with you your preferences regarding visitors.
During your visit to the hospital, please respect the privacy and comfort of all patients and observe the following rules:
- When you arrive, stop by the reception desk to sign in and get a official guest access pass.
- Consult with a doctor or nurse before bringing food or beverages to a patient.
- Dress appropriately. Shirts must be worn at all times. Bare feet are not permitted.
- Wear isolation protective wear if needed.
- Supervise all children and do not let small children crawl on the floors.
- Talk quietly in patient care areas.
- We are a tobacco-free campus. This means smoking is not permitted by anyone anywhere on the entire MedStar Franklin Square campus.
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are not permitted.
Patient and visitor parking is free, with the exception of the gated lot at Entrance 1, which is available at $4.00 per day. Handicap parking spaces are available in front of Outpatient & Surgical Services (Entrance 1), in front of the tower main entrance (Entrance 2) and in front of the Emergency Department (Entrance 5).We are pleased to now offer the convenience of valet parking for our patients and visitors. This service costs $5.00 and is available at the front of the tower (Entrance 2) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. (After 5 p.m., please visit the Security Office to retrieve your vehicle.) Learn more about directions and parking.
Area hotels, which are not affiliated with MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, include:
- Hilton Garden Inn White Marsh: 410-427-0600
- Hampton Inn: 410-931-2200
- Marriott Fairfield Inn: 410-933-9797
- LaQuinta Inn and Suites: 410-574-8100
- Country Inn & Suites, 443-772-5000
Information about a patient's stay and condition is confidential. We list in the patient directory only those patients who wish to be included. Only designated family members may speak to a member of the patient's healthcare team for information regarding a patient's condition and care. More information for patients.
If the unit permits, cards, flowers, balloons and fruit baskets sent by family and friends will be delivered to a patient's room (please see below for special restrictions). If the hospital receives your mail after you are discharged, we will forward it to you. If flowers are delivered after you leave, the florist will be notified of your discharge so they can be delivered to your home. Fruit baskets must be sent home within 24 hours.
- Oncology Unit - Fresh flowers and fruit baskets may be restricted. Please check at the nurse's station before entering the patient's room with these items. Silk flowers and latex-free (Mylar) balloons are allowed.
- Intensive Care Unit - Flowers, balloons or fruit baskets are not allowed.
Hospital security officers can provide escorts to the parking lot, assist with lost and found items and handle public safety issues. Visit the office on the first floor of the hospital or call 443-777-7242.
The tower was designed to provide a healing environment for patients and visitors. We invite you to visit our three-story atrium, where in addition to easy access to information and admitting, you'll find a relaxing bamboo garden, gentle waterfall and cozy fireplace.
An ATM machine is located on the first floor of the main hospital near Security.
Auxiliary Gift Shop
The Auxiliary Gift Shop is located on the first floor in the tower lobby and offers a variety of items including light snacks, specialty gift items, toiletries and reading materials. The hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m.
to 7:30 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, noon to 5:00 p.m. MasterCard and Visa are accepted for your convenience. Learn more about the Auxiliary Gift Shop.
Dining Facilities (hours subject to change)
Center Square Café offers our visitors a full selection of hot and cold foods. The cafe is on the first floor of the main hospital and open:
- Weekdays 6:30 to 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.
- Weekends 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
To hear the menu for the day, we invite you to call our Menu Hotline at 443-777-5588.
Additional places to get refreshments include:
- The Tower Cafe, located in the tower lobby and open weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and weekends from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- A Coffee Kiosk, located on the second floor of the main hospital near Outpatient & Surgical Services and open weekdays from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Vending machines throughout the main hospital and tower.
Health Sciences Library
The Health Sciences Library provides reliable consumer health information. It is open to patients, visitors and the community. Patrons will find several resources on consumer health, ranging from books to websites. The library is located on the first floor of the main hospital. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The librarian can be reached at 443-777-7363.
For your convenience, we offer free wireless Internet access to our patients and visitors. An Internet voucher and access code is available from your nurse, the department receptionist or the reception desk in the tower lobby or
patient entrance. Desktop computers with Internet access are also available in our Center Square Café.
Valet parking is available at the Main Entrance (Entrance 2). Valet Parking is for patient and visitor use only. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday. The cost is $5 per day, with the exception of those visitors with handicap tags (valet parking is free).
Please stop at the reception desk for assistance.
The Thrift Boutique is located on the first floor across from Security on 1 East. The thrift shop is open daily Monday through Friday. Donations of clothing and small house wares are welcome.
For a complete listing of career opportunities available at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, call our toll free Job Line at 1-866-JOBSFSH (1-866-562-7374).
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center Volunteers are key members of our team. They work with us throughout the hospital in patient areas and behind the scenes. They assist with flower delivery, serving as surgery waiting room liaisons, helping in the Gift Shop and many other services. The MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center Auxiliary hosts a number of events and functions to help raise funds for the hospital's many programs and services. We are always looking for new volunteers and auxilians. If you or anyone you know is interested in volunteering or joining our Auxiliary, please call 443-777-7240.
Download Adobe FREE Reader.