The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Cancer Institute at MedStar Franklin Square is known for its use of advanced treatment technologies. State-of-the-art technologies for surgery and for radiation therapy are designed to minimize adverse side effects, promote faster healing and bring about higher cure rates. A large number of clinical trials are currently open to patients with digestive system cancers.
- NEW: CyberKnife® with Synchrony™
One of the most significant advancements in the history of treatment for benign and malignant tumors, CyberKnife is used to treat inoperable or surgically difficult tumors.
- Endobronchial brachytherapy (lung)
- MammoSiteTM (breast)
- Hepatic artery infusion pump (liver)
- Hyperthermic Isolated Limb Perfusion (ILP) (melanoma)
- Clinical trials
- Personal vaccines for high-risk melanoma patients
Watch a video about CyberKnife treatment at MedStar Franklin Square