Support Services During Cancer Treatment
We understand that you and your loved ones have many concerns due to your cancer diagnosis and before, during and after medical treatments. We offer many types of assistance, including genetic screenings, emotional counseling, and home care and hospice.
About the Cancer Support Program at MedStar Franklin Square
Through our Psychosocial Oncology Program, we are able to offer comprehensive services during all stages of cancer diagnosis and treatment and beyond. The following are included:
- Emotional support for cancer patients and families
- Crisis intervention for cancer patients and families
- Mental health assessment for cancer outpatients
- Counseling and psychotherapy for patients and families
- Referral services for home care, hospice, disability and insurance
- Educational offerings (alleviation of patient suffering, quality of life issues for the cancer patient, cancer as a family affair, coping through the cancer journey, pain management, living well with lymphoma, handling financial matters)
- Separate cancer support groups for patients and caregivers
For more information, please contact our Director of Psychosocial Services at 443-777-7395.